Mechanical Engineer Summary
Mechanical Engineer job opening in New York City. A manufacturer of consumer home goods is currently seeking candidates for a mechanical engineer job in New York City. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking focused and driven engineers for this mechanical engineering opportunity in New York City. This job offers competitive compensation as well as a good benefits package.
New York City Mechanical Engineer Overview:
The New York City Mechanical Engineer will develop components and assemblies for new products and product lines. Additionally, the mechanical engineer will develop modifications and provide engineering support for current products to maintain and improve quality. The Mechanical Engineer takes part in the product development process and creates designs for assigned components and assemblies. The Mechanical Engineer generally participates from the prototyping of a design through production launch.
New York City Mechanical Engineer Job Opening
- The New York City Mechanical Engineer will utilize 3D CAD software and modeling software to create the designs of components and mechanical assemblies.
- Take part in the product development project from design, through prototyping, and through production. Develop improvements and modifications to improve product quality as well as product cost.
- Develop and execute tests on products to ensure functionality, durability, and safety.
- The New York City Mechanical Engineer will work closely with purchasing, marketing, and management to apply necessary changes and identify areas for improvement.
- Interface with vendors and suppliers to ensure components and supplies will meet the specifications for the product.
- Work with Quality Assurance to establish acceptable specifications for products and supplies.
- Interface with R&D and lab technicians to establish tests for components and products.
Mechanical Engineer (New York City Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in engineering from an accredited university.
- At least five years of experience creating designs of mechanical components.
- Familiarity with CAD and modeling software, Solid works experience preferred.
- Familiarity working with and developing injection molded plastic products.
- Familiarity working with products manufactured through extrusions.
- Demonstrates understanding of the principles of mechanical engineering, mechanical dynamics, as well as statics.
- Able to design stand alone components as well as components that are a part of a large assembly.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- Ability to operate lathes and mills.
- Comfortable working with little supervision while meeting deadlines.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.