A leading automotive supplier is seeking a Design Manager in the greater Detroit, Michigan area.
Detroit Design Manager Job Opening
- Lead team of regional automotive designers and customer interface with assigned design departments for entire project lifecycle.
- Manage and maintain customer contracts, evaluate customer design need, and develop design solutions based on requirements.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all products, applications, processing, and services to provide accurate information to customers and partners.
- Prepare weekly program plans and reports following company and department procedures.
- Approve decisions on pattern appearance for industrial tools and obtain pattern approvals from customer signed samples.
Design Manager (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in Industrial Design, Interior Transportation Design or a similar field preferred.
- At least 3 years of design experience in the automotive industry.
- Strong understanding of automotive interior trim design and development.
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Corel draw, Keyshot, or Rhino.
- Supervisory or managerial experience preferred.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.