Operations Manager Summary
Operations Manager job opening in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area. A leading retailer of home decorations is looking to fill a job opening for an Operations Manager in the Harrisburg, PA area. The Operations Manager in the Harrisburg area will be important for assisting with daily operation and management of inventory. JMJ Phillip’s retail recruiters are seeking self-motivated problem solvers to fill this job opening for an Operations Manager in Harrisburg, PA. The company will provide strong compensation along with a generous benefits package to qualified individuals.
Harrisburg Operations Manager Overview:
The Operations Manager, based in the Harrisburg, PA area, will be an important role in the companies supply chain. This job will oversee store logistics and manage inventory. The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the inventory moves through the facility safely and efficiently. This job will also require monitoring inventory based on sales analysis to maximize profitability. This is a leadership role and the Harrisburg area Operations Manager will be responsible for training and coaching distribution staff to create a safe and productive atmosphere. The Operations Manager will also utilize continuous improvement methodology to maintain a safe and efficient facility that meets the company’s goals and standards.
Harrisburg Operations Manager Job Opening:
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for the oversight of logistics and inventory management of the facility.
- This role will have a large focus on safety through proper staff training to abide by all necessary safety policies and procedures.
- This job also will use continuous improvement methods to maximize efficiency and productivity within the facility.
- The Operations Manager will forecast production volume to ensure inventory meets store demands.
- This job develops performance goals and metrics and also communicates with other departments to make sure goals are in line with overall company objectives.
Operations Manager (Harrisburg Area) Job Requirements:
- This job requires a bachelor’s degree. Degrees in supply chain management or other related fields are preferred.
- Previous warehouse and operations experience preferably in a retail setting is preferred.
- This job requires leadership ability to train and manage staff in an effective manner.
- Prior experience with continuous improvement methodologies will be beneficial in this role.
- This job will also require excellent written and verbal communication skills.