Business Development Specialist Summary
Business Development Specialist job opening in Detroit. A manufacturer of automotive components is currently seeking applicants for a Business Development Specialist job opening in Detroit, Michigan. Our sales and business development recruiters are seeking technical, charismatic automotive market development professionals for this Business Development Specialist job in the greater Detroit area. This job provides a competitive compensation package as well as benefits.
Detroit Business Development Specialist Overview:
The Detroit Business Development Specialist will pursue new accounts to meet medium and long term goals. The Business Development Specialist will deploy strategies to improve the company’s market share. For this role, the Detroit Business Development Specialist will develop marketing materials to inform potential customers of product capabilities. The Business Development Specialist will report directly to the Director of Marketing.
Detroit Business Development Specialist Job Opening
- The Detroit Business Development Specialist will serve as the automotive industry expert, pursuing new business for lighting and battery segments.
- Fosters relationships with current and prospective customers to expand business.
- Follow the performance of market trends, suggest changes in strategy.
- The Detroit Business Development Specialist will develop forecasts to predict market potential.
- Evaluate technology marketed by competitors, share input on potential advantages.
- Create a monthly report providing updates on the development of customer relationships, industry news, and other business trends.
- The Detroit Business Development Specialist will develop marketing material to explain and elaborate the advantages of the company products.
- Partner with the Regional Sales Manager to follow up promising accounts.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and other events to represent the company and establish new business relationships.
Business Development Specialist (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in business, engineering, or a related area.
- A masters of business administration would be preferred for this position.
- At least five to ten years of business development, design engineering, or product management.
- Familiar with the new business creation process.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a business creation plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to develop and deliver compelling and convincing sales presentations.
- Excellent knack for business strategy.
- Familiar with the Microsoft office suite of programs, such as Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage multiple priorities and project simultaneously.
- Able to travel domestically.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.