Procurement Director Summary
There is a Procurement Director job Opening in the Omaha Nebraska area. A growing construction machinery manufacturer is in search of a pro-active and experienced individual to fill the Procurement Director job opening in the greater Omaha Nebraska area. JMJ Phillip’s manufacturing recruiters are seeking a motivated professional with extensive purchasing experience for a job opening in the greater Omaha, Nebraska area. This is a great opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to influence and motivate team members. An ideal candidate for this position will have previous experience in manufacturing, hydraulics, or steel procurement. An MBA is strongly preferred for the Procurement Director role.
Omaha Procurement Director Overview:
The Procurement Director, based in the greater Omaha area, will be responsible for identifying and negotiating supply contracts to leverage spending across a range of suppliers. A major focus of this job is managing inventory and establishing controls to ensure EEC is operating at a high level of performance based upon key metrics. The Omaha-based Director of Procurement will guide and train all staff regarding financial controls an KPIs. This job will require partner and work with cross functional teams to lead the supplier selection process under strict engineering and commercial best practices. The Procurement Director will manage the company’s vendor base with a focus on improving supplier performance and reducing costs.
Omaha Procurement Director Job Opening
- The Procurement Manager will be responsible for sourcing for hydraulics, electrical components, raw materials, plain steel and automobiles.
- This job will identify and negotiate supply contracts and leverage spending across a range of suppliers.
- The Omaha-based Procurement Director will maintain compliance with all regulatory requirement and ethical standards related to procurement.
- This Job requires strong negotiation skills as this role will lead all supplier selection processes under strict engineering and commercial best practices.
- This role will have four direct reports and will report directly to the company’s president.
Procurement Director (Omaha Area) Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required for this job.
- Strong preference is
givento candidates with an MBA for the Procurement Director role.
- An ideal candidate will have experience in manufacturing, hydraulics or steel procurement.
- An ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of five years of strategic sourcing.
- A minimum of three years of management experience is required to fill the Procurement Director role.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.