Director of Purchasing Summary
Director of Purchasing job opening in Cleveland, Ohio. A company that specializes in manufacturing, production, and metals is looking to fill a job opening for a Director of Purchasing at their Cleveland location. The Director of Purchasing in Cleveland will oversee the performance of procurement operations within the facility and manage a team of purchasing professionals. JMJ Phillip’s Manufacturing recruiters are seeking a job candidate that is innovative and organized to fill the Director of Purchasing in Cleveland.
Cleveland Director of Purchasing Overview:
The immediate job responsibilities of the Cleveland Director of Purchasing will be to evaluate the company’s purchasing and procurement activities focusing on supplier performance and quality, buyer activity, financial performance, and inventory control. The Director of Purchasing in Cleveland will create and implement process and performance improvements based on their assessment and present status updates to management. The Cleveland Director of Purchasing will train a purchasing team of direct reports in addition to negotiation purchase orders and vendor contracts. Inventory management will be a main job responsibility for the Director of Purchasing in Cleveland in order to ensure proper product inventory levels and timely customer deliveries. Other job duties of the Cleveland Director of Purchasing will be to provide commodity and supply chain strategies and support within the company.
Cleveland Director of Purchasing Job Opening
- Build supplier relationships and oversee and execute contract and purchase order negotiations.
- The Cleveland Director of Purchasing will utilize strategic planning skills to drive supply chain and commodity processes.
- Manage a team of direct reports within the purchasing and procurement department.
- The Director of Purchasing in Cleveland will direct material flow and ensure inventory control.
- Evaluate purchasing and procurement activities within the company and create methods for improvements.
Director of Purchasing (Cleveland Area) Job Requirements:
- At least seven years of experience in purchasing with recent experience purchasing within the manufacturing industry.
- A four-year degree in purchasing, production management, engineering, or a related field.
- The Cleveland Director of Purchasing must have strong technological skills and the ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects.
- A track record of process improvements, cost savings, and key supplier relationship management,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem resolution capabilities are a must for the Director of Purchasing in Cleveland.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.