A leading aerospace component manufacturer is looking for a Buyer in the greater Elizabeth, New Jersey area.
Elizabeth, New Jersey Buyer Job Opening
- Purchase materials, finished components, tools, and supplies in the proper quantities and standards of quality.
- Develop new suppliers by researching vendors and investigating reliability and ability to supply.
- Negotiate purchases for standard commodities and services within budgetary limits with approval of Purchasing Manager.
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure orders are accurate and provide updates to deliveries and quantities of supplies as needed.
- Record and review material requisitions, purchase orders, vendor invoices, receiving slips, and related documents.
Buyer (Elizabeth, New Jersey) Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required; additional education preferred.
- At least 8 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing or machining environment.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints for machined and component parts.
- Strong organization, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of supplier dynamics and ability to negotiate cost agreements with suppliers.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.