Our client, a prominent player in the food production industry, is actively seeking an experienced Sanitation Manager to lead their sanitation team. The selected candidate will be pivotal in crafting, executing, and refining comprehensive sanitation protocols, ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and regulatory adherence.
- Directly oversee the Sanitation Supervisor and their team, guaranteeing adherence to all Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and ensuring the plant is ready for production each day.
- Manage and evaluate the performance of up to 16 unionized employees across multiple shifts, providing strategic direction and coordination within the sanitation department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and enforce strategic sanitation initiatives, policies, and plans to align with industry standards.
- Organize sanitation tasks by setting priorities, scheduling work, and maintaining open communication with staff and stakeholders.
- Uphold a safe working environment by effectively implementing Injury Illness Prevention Programs, emphasizing chemical safety and equipment handling.
- Participate actively in audits and facility inspections to uphold quality standards.
- Oversee sanitation chemical supplies and inventory, ensuring efficient use and stock levels.
- Regularly review and update Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) and engage in audit processes.
- Educate team members about safety risks and ensure strict adherence to safety protocols.
- Ensure daily thorough cleaning of the plant and readiness for uninterrupted production.
- Supervise daily sanitation operations, inspect work, and assign additional tasks as required.
- Manage and monitor waste management systems, including compactors and organic waste programs.
- Oversee the annual sanitation budget, forecasting, and performance metrics.
- Maintain and routinely update departmental records, including titration and the master sanitation schedule.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to resolve sanitation-related issues and enhance operational efficiency.
- Availability to work weekends as necessary.
- A track record of at least three years in a supervisory role within sanitation operations.
- Proficient knowledge of food manufacturing processes, including sanitation and environmental protocols.
- Expertise in the application of cleaning agents, CIP systems, and high-pressure cleaning equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational communication skills.
- Familiarity with GMP, HACCP, and environmental sanitation programs is highly desirable.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic leadership, hands-on expertise, and a commitment to excellence that will ensure the sanitation department supports and enhances the facility’s production goals. If you are ready to step into a challenging role that is critical to the success of a food manufacturing operation, we invite you to apply for this Sanitation Manager position.
Nestled within the heart of New York City, Brooklyn offers an electrifying working demographic that seamlessly merges professional opportunities with the vibrant energy of a global metropolis. This borough effortlessly combines career growth with an exceptional quality of life, making it an enticing destination for job seekers contemplating relocation.
One of the most magnetic facets of Brooklyn is its unparalleled standard of living. The borough offers an eclectic array of housing options, from historic brownstones in charming neighborhoods to modern apartments in bustling urban hubs. While Brooklyn is part of one of the world’s most famous cities, its housing costs are comparatively reasonable, ensuring professionals can enjoy a high quality of life without the astronomical expenses often associated with New York City.
Beyond affordability, Brooklyn takes immense pride in its diverse communities and a plethora of attractions. The borough’s rich history and cultural diversity are celebrated through a myriad of events, festivals, and communal gatherings. Residents actively participate in neighborhood activities, creating a tight-knit atmosphere that warmly welcomes newcomers.
Nature enthusiasts will find their solace amidst Brooklyn’s unique green spaces. Prospect Park, designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, offers an urban oasis for recreation and relaxation. Miles of walking and biking trails, serene lakes, and the Prospect Park Zoo provide endless opportunities for outdoor enjoyment.
For those seeking cultural enrichment, Brooklyn is a treasure trove of experiences. The borough’s neighborhoods are teeming with local eateries, artisanal shops, and cultural venues. Museums, theaters, art galleries, and music venues cater to diverse interests, ensuring there’s always something captivating to explore.
Professionals considering a move to Brooklyn can look forward to a thriving job market. The borough’s economy is diverse, with robust sectors including technology, finance, healthcare, and the arts. Major employers encompass world-renowned tech companies, financial institutions, healthcare giants, and the thriving creative industry. Brooklyn’s entrepreneurial spirit and access to global markets make it a hub for innovation and professional growth.
Furthermore, Brooklyn fosters a culture of creativity and collaboration, creating an environment conducive to career advancement and networking. Whether you’re an established professional or embarking on your career journey, the diverse and dynamic community is eager to help you succeed.
In summary, Brooklyn, New York, offers an enticing working demographic for job applicants contemplating relocation. The borough’s remarkable standard of living, diverse communities, natural allure, diversified economy, and rich cultural tapestry create a unique blend of opportunities and experiences. Whether you’re seeking professional advancement, the excitement of an urban center, or the cosmopolitan charm of New York City, Brooklyn invites you to embark on a fulfilling and enriching chapter in both your career and life.