Controls Engineer Summary
Controls Engineer Job Opening in Detroit, Michigan. A manufacturer of building products is currently seeking a to find a skilled Controls Engineer in the greater Detroit area. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking diligent and experienced Controls engineers in the metro Detroit area. This Detroit, Michigan job offers a competitive compensation package and great job benefits.
Detroit Controls Engineer Overview:
For this job, the Detroit Controls engineer will develop software to function products. The software shall be based in ladder logic and function block diagrams. The Controls Engineer will be using PLC and DDC controllers. The Detroit Controls engineer will use CAD to create control diagrams for various job orders.
Detroit Controls Engineer Job Opening
- The Controls Engineer will write and review programs to correct errors while working out of Detroit, Michigan.
- Perform testing on programs to identify problems, Controls Engineer will also perform retests to ensure that problems were mitigated.
- Inspect designed sequences of operations and develop a controls program to perform the operations in the designed sequence.
- The Detroit Controls Engineer shall perform testing, maintenance, and modifications to current control systems on a variety of controllers.
- Oversee the equipment testing process in order to guarantee that programs will guide equipment to function as it was designed.
- The Detroit Controls Engineer will prepare written reports based on data acquired from observing tests.
- Consistently improve programs to greater improve efficiency.
- The Controls Engineer shall create HMI interfaces.
- Provide technical advice to purchasing staff and suggest products that would improve efficiency or lower cost.
- Partner with design engineers to understand the functions of products.
- Perform all necessary programming for projects on schedule.
- The Controls Engineer will assist in the development of proposals, particularly on the subject of control system costs.
- Utilize CAD software to develop diagrams of controls.
- Perform other related functions as assigned by the engineering manager.
- The Controls Engineer will keep files of all existing control codes and will in put new codes as they are developed.
- Assist in customer support as a technical expert.
Controls Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in a directly related field. A bachelor’s degree would be beneficial.
- 1-2 years of experience necessary, 4-5 years would be preferable for a skilled controls engineer.
- Experience with PLC programming language.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Great CAD skills.
- Familiarity with building products and controls would be preferred.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.