A leadership role in the Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) department, this position plays a pivotal role in ensuring a safe, regulatory compliant environment for the production of commercial nuclear fuel. The successful candidate will join the site leadership team, overseeing daily operations and strategic directions of the EHS department, which encompasses industrial safety, environmental performance, health physics, radiation safety, fire protection, training, and site physical security.
- Craft an in-depth EHS Strategy, targeting risk mitigation in environment, personnel, process, and profitability aspects.
- Act as a thought leader for an intricate chemical and metallurgical plant, navigating regulatory demands and historical environmental challenges.
- Pioneer change by challenging existing paradigms and facilitating innovative solutions.
- Develop, appraise, and instate EHS policies, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards.
- Spearhead cross-discipline EHS improvement plans across the entire site.
- Mentor and lead a team of EHS experts, bridging gaps with corporate support.
- Use top-tier Project Management skills for workplan development, execution, and documentation.
- Join the Site Leadership Team, providing expert advice and aiding in decisive EHS-related decision-making.
- Establish and nurture ties with external stakeholders, regulators, and the public.
- Oversee contractor/consultant partnerships, emphasizing EHS excellence and cost-efficiency.
- Promptly investigate and report EHS incidents, and ensure corrective measures.
- Lead the EHS department focusing on technical expertise, leadership skills, and change management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is a must; a Master’s degree is preferable.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years relevant experience, with a preference for 5 years in a managerial or project management role.
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- OSHA or BCSP Certification (ASP, CSP, etc.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Organizational Management certification
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding organizational and project leadership skills.
- Deep understanding of EHS laws, particularly in the nuclear industry.
- Experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment; multi-location experience is a plus.
- Skilled collaboration with regulatory agencies at various levels.
- Proven team and project management within expansive organizations.
- Expertise in designing efficient and effective systems and processes.
- Profound knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Stellar communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities; able to navigate ambiguity and instigate change.
- Robust business insight with an emphasis on short and long-term goals.
This role presents an unmatched opportunity to lead, innovate, and set industry benchmarks in EHS standards. Connect with us to explore how you can make an impact.
Please note: Our job postings expire in 30 days, but we accept resumes on a rolling basis, as many of our job openings are not publicly advertised.
For job seekers in search of a picturesque and welcoming working environment, Ogden, Utah offers a scenic and promising demographic. With its natural beauty, diverse opportunities, and exceptional quality of life, this region provides abundant prospects for professionals seeking new horizons.
One of the standout features of the Ogden area is its exceptional quality of life. The region combines the beauty of the great outdoors with modern amenities. Housing options range from mountain-view homes in friendly neighborhoods to modern apartments with scenic surroundings, catering to various preferences and lifestyles.
Beyond its diverse housing options, the area boasts a strong sense of community and an array of attractions. Ogden embraces its local culture and heritage, featuring farmers’ markets, festivals, and community events. Residents actively engage in town gatherings, creating a close-knit atmosphere that fosters connections and a sense of belonging.
Nature enthusiasts will find solace in the picturesque landscapes and outdoor recreational opportunities surrounding Ogden. The region is graced with majestic mountains, serene lakes, and charming hiking trails. Residents can partake in activities such as hiking, skiing, and mountain biking in the nearby Wasatch Mountains or explore the beauty of the nearby Pineview Reservoir.
The Ogden area boasts a diversified economy with opportunities in various sectors. Outdoor recreation, manufacturing, healthcare, and small businesses are among the thriving industries in the region. Major employers include outdoor gear companies, healthcare providers, and local manufacturers. The presence of diverse industries and a skilled workforce contribute to the region’s economic strength and growth.
Moreover, Ogden embraces a strong sense of adventure and celebrates its natural surroundings through various outdoor events and festivals. Residents take pride in preserving the region’s pristine environment and promoting a healthy, active lifestyle. The revitalization of downtown Ogden has transformed it into a lively hub with art galleries, craft breweries, and cultural venues, adding to the region’s allure.
In conclusion, Ogden, Utah presents a picturesque and promising working demographic for job seekers considering relocation. Embrace the region’s exceptional quality of life, natural beauty, abundance of outdoor activities, diversified economy, and local charm. Whether you seek professional growth, outdoor adventures, or a blend of cultural experiences, the Ogden area offers a unique blend of opportunities and experiences that will inspire your journey and enrich your life.