Our esteemed client is a recognized force within the industry, renowned for its commitment to creating highly functional and innovative products that not only ensure profitability but are also tailored to meet the unique requirements of their clients. As they expand their team, there exists a pivotal role for an accomplished CAD Designer with a solid background in the design of process plants, ideally filtration systems.
The CAD Designer will seamlessly integrate with the product design, research and development, marketing, and manufacturing teams. This role demands a hands-on approach to design, with a keen understanding of design for manufacturability (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), and design for serviceability (DFS). The candidate will be the linchpin in the creation of cost-effective and efficient designs, particularly for filtration equipment.
- Execute the 3D design of equipment from P&IDs autonomously and with minimal guidance.
- Design facility layouts, which encompass process piping runs, and the routing of power and instrumentation for intricate process plants.
- Engage proactively with the project engineering team, contributing to accurate Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs).
- Foster consistent communication with the project engineering team, ensuring that all design requirements and comments are addressed from the initial P&IDs to the completion of 3D design.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team, offering comprehensive walkthroughs of drawing packages to guarantee clarity on all design facets.
- Shoulder responsibility for the 3D design, including the generated Bill of Materials (BOM), and oversee other facets of the design trajectory.
- Take on additional duties and projects as required.
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Control Systems Engineering with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Alternatively, an Associate’s degree in a related field, combined with a minimum of 5+ years of pertinent work experience.
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD, INVENTOR, and VAULT, especially in designing process plants.
- Demonstrated engineering judgment and a track record of collaborating with engineering and production teams to troubleshoot and rectify issues.
- An independent and proactive approach to tasks.
- A zeal for learning and a commitment to skill development.
- Stellar time management prowess, coupled with a readiness to go above and beyond to meet deadlines.
- A collaborative spirit, eager to assist team members and ardently pursuing team goals.
- Upholding a professional demeanor, consistently representing the company with integrity and excellence.
This role presents an invaluable opportunity for a dedicated CAD Designer to join a dynamic team, committed to excellence and innovation. If you’re driven, collaborative, and have a penchant for design, we invite you to explore this distinguished opportunity.
For job seekers in search of a picturesque and welcoming working environment, Farmington, Connecticut offers a captivating and promising demographic. With its small-town charm, diverse opportunities, and exceptional quality of life, this region provides abundant prospects for professionals seeking new horizons.
One of the standout features of the Farmington area is its exceptional quality of life. The region combines the comforts of suburban living with modern amenities. Housing options range from historic homes in friendly neighborhoods to modern apartments with scenic surroundings, catering to various preferences and lifestyles.
Beyond its inviting living spaces, the area boasts a strong sense of community and an array of attractions. Farmington embraces its local culture and heritage, featuring farmers’ markets, festivals, and community events. Residents actively engage in town gatherings, creating a close-knit atmosphere that fosters connections and a sense of belonging.
Nature enthusiasts will find solace in the picturesque landscapes and outdoor recreational opportunities surrounding Farmington. The region is graced with scenic parks, serene hiking trails, and charming riverfront spots. Residents can partake in activities such as hiking, picnicking, and exploring the beauty of the nearby Farmington River.
The Farmington area boasts a diversified economy with opportunities in various sectors. Healthcare, education, technology, and small businesses are among the thriving industries in the region. Major employers include local hospitals, educational institutions, and innovative startups. The presence of diverse industries and a skilled workforce contribute to the region’s economic strength and growth.
Moreover, Farmington embraces a strong sense of community and celebrates its local heritage through various events and initiatives. Residents take pride in preserving the region’s history and natural beauty, creating a warm and inviting ambiance. The city’s revitalized downtown area has transformed it into a hub with charming shops, cafes, and cultural venues, adding to the region’s allure.
In conclusion, Farmington, Connecticut, presents a picturesque and promising working demographic for job seekers considering relocation. Embrace the region’s exceptional quality of life, strong sense of community, abundance of outdoor activities, diversified economy, and local charm. Whether you seek professional growth, small-town comfort, or a blend of cultural experiences, the Farmington area offers a unique blend of opportunities and experiences that will inspire your journey and enrich your life.