An established funeral home is seeking a Funeral Director in the greater New York City, New York area.
New York City Funeral Director Job Opening
- Meet with and provide a professional level of customer service to grieving families.
- Expected to have a basic understanding of various cultural and religious customs related to end of life.
- This role will be responsible for the arrangement and preparation of documentation such as death certificates and contracts.
- Expected to maintain cleanliness of the funeral home as well as its grounds and vehicles.
- Must handle transportation of the deceased to various cemeteries.
Funeral Director (New York City area) Job Requirements:
- A degree in mortuary science is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a funeral home or mortuary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to show compassion in difficult situations.
- This role requires a high level of organization and multitasking to handle many clients at once.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.