Applications Engineer Summary
Application Engineer job opening in Detroit. An engineering software company is currently seeking candidates for an Applications Engineer job opening in Detroit. Our Information Technology recruiters are seeking personable and intelligent technical sales professionals for this applications engineer job in the Detroit area. This job offers competitive compensation as well as benefits.
Detroit Applications Engineer Overview:
The Detroit Application Engineer will work to increase and expand sales with automotive OEMs and tier one customers. The Detroit Applications Engineer will be a subject matter expert on the simulation software and its applications. The Applications Engineer will identify strong leads, establish contact, and demonstrate the usefulness of the company’s software to prospective customers.
Detroit Applications Engineer Job Opening
- The Detroit Applications Engineer will be a subject matter expert for assigned software brands.
- Develop training manuals, scripts for demonstrations, marketing materials, and technical support documents for the assigned software brands.
- Take part in group meetings with colleagues to share application techniques, internal knowledge, and ideas for software improvements.
- The Detroit Applications Engineer will plan, develop, organize and lead training classes for software.
- Establish pre-sales technical discussions with prospective customers and lead customer demonstrations.
- Create and deliver both advanced and basic software training to customers.
- The Detroit Applications Engineer will provide technical support to customers on a daily basis.
- Perform testing on software before new product releases.
- Organize and coordinate the delivery of software to customers and install software on client devices.
- Provide assistance to customers for a variety of purposes.
- The Detroit Applications Engineer will assist in utilizing the simulation software to achieve certain design specifications.
- Assist in rectifying software issues in simulation design through understanding the customer’s design process.
- Maintain and foster a strong professional relationship with customer personnel
Applications Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A minimum of a four year degree in mechanical or materials engineering.
- A master’s degree in mechanical or materials engineering would be preferred for this position.
- At least two to five years of experience in sheet metal and sheet metal forming.
- A strong understanding of die design and process engineering
- A devotion to academic study and applications.
- Experience with engineering simulation software.
- Able to travel to domestic locations regularly and overseas one to four times a year.
- A strong understanding of quality programs and audits.
- Familiarity with materials
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.