Our client is currently on the lookout for an Environmental Engineer who will serve as a pivotal resource within their Kansas City, KS-based manufacturing facility. This role is vital in ensuring the safety and environmental compliance of the site, spearheading sustainability projects, and driving the plant’s environmental improvement initiatives.
- Oversee the management of site environmental permits and the ISO 14001 program, including regular audits.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures to enhance the facility’s environmental programs continually.
- Champion efforts to meet the company’s Energy and Emissions Objectives for 2030.
- Oversee environmental and sustainability projects, from inception to completion.
- Generate capital cost evaluations, designs, and installation plans for new environmentally-focused equipment.
- Ensure effective communication of environmental, health, and safety matters to employees and manage responses to their concerns and suggestions.
What You Bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of engineering experience within a manufacturing setting.
- Proficiency in managing environmental licenses, permits, and reporting, including Air Quality Permit – Title V, Industrial Storm Water Permit, and SPCC Plan.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing a 14001 program.
- A solid understanding of Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
- Capability to compile and report environmental data to regulatory bodies effectively.
- Leadership experience with a track record of implementing improvements or new procedures within a team.
- Proficient in delivering presentations and conducting training sessions for diverse groups.
- Experience with conducting inspections in an industrial environment.
- Familiarity with operational excellence principles and tools such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen, Six Sigma green belt, and TPM is advantageous.
- CAD or AutoCAD skills, along with proficiency in process engineering software, are preferred.
- Ability to identify opportunities for cost savings, throughput improvement, and yield enhancement.
- Must be capable of designing experiments and conducting statistical analysis to determine effectiveness.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is not only skilled in the technical aspects of environmental engineering but who also possesses the leadership qualities necessary to foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability within the plant. If you have the drive to lead environmental initiatives and the expertise to make a tangible impact, we encourage you to apply.
Nestled in northern Ohio, Milan offers an enticing working demographic that seamlessly blends professional opportunities with the tranquility of small-town living. This charming village effortlessly combines career growth with an exceptional quality of life, making it an appealing destination for job seekers contemplating relocation.
One of the most captivating aspects of Milan is its quaint small-town atmosphere and historic charm. The village boasts a variety of housing options, from historic homes with classic architecture to cozy cottages nestled along tree-lined streets. Housing costs in Milan are notably reasonable, ensuring professionals can find comfortable living arrangements without sacrificing convenience or affordability.
Beyond affordability, Milan takes immense pride in its strong sense of community and a wealth of local attractions. The village’s historic downtown area, bustling with shops, cafes, and boutiques, serves as the heart of the community. Residents actively engage in town events, from seasonal festivals and farmers markets to community parades and outdoor concerts, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all.
Nature enthusiasts will find solace in the abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities surrounding Milan. The village boasts scenic parks, nature preserves, and hiking trails ideal for exploring the natural beauty of northern Ohio. The nearby Edison Woods Preserve and Milan Canal Park offer opportunities for hiking, birdwatching, and picnicking, allowing residents to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and reconnect with nature.
For those seeking cultural enrichment, Milan offers a variety of local amenities and historic attractions showcasing the village’s rich history and heritage. From historic landmarks and museums to art galleries and community events, there’s always something new and exciting to discover in Milan.
Professionals considering a move to Milan can look forward to a thriving job market and diverse economy. The village’s strategic location near major highways and metropolitan areas makes it a hub for various industries, including manufacturing, retail, healthcare, and professional services. Major employers in Milan include manufacturing companies, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and small businesses, offering ample opportunities for career advancement and professional growth.
Furthermore, Milan fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and community engagement, creating an environment conducive to personal and professional development. Whether you’re an experienced professional looking to advance your career or a recent graduate eager to make your mark, Milan offers a supportive and nurturing environment where individuals can thrive and succeed.
In summary, Milan offers an enticing working demographic for job applicants contemplating relocation. The village’s remarkable blend of small-town charm, community spirit, economic opportunities, and natural beauty create a unique environment for both personal and professional fulfillment. Whether you’re seeking career advancement, a close-knit community, or a peaceful retreat from the city, Milan invites you to embark on a fulfilling journey in the heart of northern Ohio.