Supply Chain Director Summary
Supply Chain Director job opening in Detroit, Michigan. A prominent and rapidly expanding metals manufacturer that services several industries is currently hoping to fill a Supply Chain Director job opening in greater Detroit, Michigan. JMJ Phillip’s supply chain executive recruiters are seeking knowledgeable executive who can provide strategic leadership for the company’s materials management and logistics processes. For the Supply Chain Director who can best manage the company’s supply chain through multiple sites, the company is offering a high salary and compensation package.
Detroit Supply Chain Director Overview:
For this job, the Supply Chain Director is required to provide savvy and experienced direction to the company’s supply chain. He or she will oversee all functions of the supply chain, including supply planning, order and inventory management, compliance with customs, transportation functions, and materials availability. While working out of greater Detroit, Michigan site, the Supply Chain Director will operate on a global scale. The Supply Chain Director will have several people reporting directly to him/her, but will report directly to the company’s VP of Operations.
Detroit Supply Chain Director Job Opening
- The Supply Chain Director will bring about a greater sense of customer service to company clients by innovating and driving world class logistics processes.
- The Supply Chain Director will head up teams and projects to be utilize raw materials and finished goods.
- Lead activities for team members in inventory management, demand planning, and logistics at the greater Detroit, Michigan site.
- Work alongside manufacturing and purchasing teams to cut down supply chain costs.
- Set KPIs and strategize certain ways to meet them on a consistent basis.
- Develop budgeting and inventory strategies to sustain optimal resource allocation.
- There is little travel outside of the greater Detroit, Michigan area required for this job.
Supply Chain Director (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A 4-year degree in a business or supply chain-related field.
- At least ten years of growing management experience in a supply chain role.
- Familiarity with profit and loss is a plus for this job.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and training employees.
- Strong communication skills.
- CPIM, APICS, and Six Sigma Certifications are preferred for this job.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.