VP of Operations Summary
VP of Operations Job Opening in Detroit, Michigan. A company that specializes in manufacturing precision components for a wide variety of industries is currently seeking a VP of Operations in the greater Detroit, Michigan area for its plant there. For this job, the VP of Operations will be the head of all manufacturing operations and will need to be a leader of people at all levels of the organization. For the VP of Operations who can best spur production and continuous improvement at the Detroit plant, the company is offering up an executive compensation package and job benefits, as well as the opportunity to have a direct impact on the organization. Only the most savvy manufacturing executives belong in this job!
Detroit VP of Operations Overview:
The VP of Operations will develop manufacturing processes, systems, and methods in order to cut costs and increase profitability and efficiency for the entire organization while working out of the Detroit, Michigan plant. He or she will need to direct the manufacturing operations in all facets, including having a role in staffing, training, production procedures, and maintenance operations. The VP of Operations will need to find ways to make the most out of the company’s manpower and equipment when making decisions, as the position demands a “continuous improvement” mindset to take charge of and optimize operational efficiency. The VP of Operations will be in charge of the Operations department in Detroit and will report directly to the President of the company.
Detroit VP of Operations Job Opening
- The VP of Operations takes a direct role in upping relations with customers, demand forecasting, and making sure that products are made with a highly technical and effective quality.
- The role will set operational goals and metrics in order to make sure that the company works at peak productivity.
- The position will need to bring all departments together and act as a point of contact between them. These include sales and business development, engineering, maintenance, manufacturing, quality, and human resources.
- The VP of Operations will collaborate with the Director of Human Resources on labor relations issues at the Detroit, Michigan plant.
- The role is responsible for providing leadership at all levels of the organization.
- The position must help ensure that there is an effective and clean plant.
- The VP of Operations will conduct any special executive duties as assigned by the President.
- There is no travel required for this job.
VP of Operations (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required for this job.
- An MBA is a plus for this job.
- At least 10 years of progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A high degree of CNC shop experience is a plus for this job.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.