Packaging Engineer Summary
Packaging Engineer Job Opening in Detroit, Michigan. A company that manufactures automated solutions for the auto industry is currently seeking a Packaging Engineer in Detroit, Michigan to design new products for the North American market. This Detroit-based company specializes in pallets and plastic containers for bulk dry and liquid products. Ideal job candidates will have job experience designing packaging components for automotive applications. Only the most savvy and technical Packing Engineers should apply to this greater Detroit, Michigan job.
Detroit Packaging Engineer Overview:
The Detroit Packaging Engineer designs, develops, and evaluates new products. The Packaging Engineer will meet with customers onsite outside of Detroit, Michigan to learn about and analyze their needs and then develop a standardized package for those applications for various jobs. The Detroit Packaging Engineer will assist in the value chain analysis and help tailor the packaging design to maximize value.
Detroit Packaging Engineer Job Opening
- The Packaging Engineer will create and administrate a database of packaging options, including possible relevant utilizations of those design options.
- Recognize potential tooling and packaging suppliers within North America and foster relationships with those companies.
- The Packaging Engineer will advise colleagues and customers in the ideal packaging design for each product and recommend suppliers for the materials needed to manufacture that packaging.
- Oversee the evaluation of packaging with all in house stakeholders as well as the customer while working out of the Detroit, Michigan location.
- The Packaging Engineer will test and evaluate the packaging solutions suppliers have made available and ensure that the packaging is within the requirements for the design.
- Assess the packaging supplier capabilities and ensure they products supplied meet expectations and requirement.
- The Packaging Engineer will partner with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Solutions to develop new products in order to expand business and drive revenue growth.
- Use customer needs mapping techniques and other development tools to quickly evaluate the requirements of the customer.
- The Packaging Engineer will lead the packaging design process from conceptual design to prototype through creating samples and then past the approval of all stakeholder.
- Maintain regular communication on the status of packaging development with stakeholders outside of Detroit, Michigan.
- The Detroit Packaging Engineer will utilize the most up to date CAD software to design and review packaging solutions that are the most cost effective.
- Transfer design concepts to cost effective design solutions.
- The Packaging Engineer will track and keep record of all work completed at the Detroit, Michigan site.
- Follow the company’s standard processes and procedures, following all guidelines.
Packaging Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Packaging, or a closely related field is required for this job.
- A minimum of five years job experience with design packaging with direct relation to the automotive industry.
- The ability to communicate effectively across teams and within a team.
- Familiarity with Quality Improvement practices.
- Demonstrated history of conducting technical assessments of customer need in order to create the proper product.
- Experience with metal materials packaging is a must.
- Exceptional familiarity with CATIA and Solidworks.
- Ability to interpret failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA) results and the understanding to modify designs to meet certain requirements.
- A clear understanding of the challenges and benefits of standardization.
- Job experience with purchasing and working with suppliers.
- A flexible and adaptable personality, eager to work in a high paced, high quality environment.
- Creative thinker, comfortable thinking laterally.
- Self-motivated; can lead progress, take responsibility, and meet commitments.
- A passion for organization and precision.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.