Program Manager Summary
Program Manager Job Opening in Cleveland, Ohio. A market-leading plastic product manufacturer is seeking a Program Manager in the greater Cleveland, Ohio area. This company provides unique products and solutions to its customers, and seeks a skilled Program Manager to work with customers and provide them with the highest quality products. This person should have a decently rounded background in plastic manufacturing and a proven history of successful program management.
Cleveland Program Manager Overview:
The Program Manager oversees the entire product lifecycle from inception through marketing the existing product. The Program Manager will oversee and direct a team of personnel from different departments. The programs will be of strategic importance to the company and have the direct interest of senior personnel.
Cleveland Program Manager Job Opening
- Product Launches
- Attain a CAD model of the desired product from the customer.
- Keep track of customer timing requirements and updates.
- Develop a project timeline to plan out the product’s process from development through production. Including tooling, manufacturing and lead times, sampling and testing, FPA due date, and important customer benchmarks.
- Serve as an active participant during the tool design review. Advise on improvements.
- Collaborate with Materials Engineering to check material requirements. Ensure the material meets standards and requirements.
- Check and evaluate tool reviews on a weekly basis.
- Schedule and lead project meetings throughout the process as necessary.
- Collaborate with Plant Quality Leads and Plant Management during Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Price Quoting
- Circulate customer’s CAD files amongst appropriate personnel.
- Collaborate with the tooling engineer to develop tooling specifications.
- Using the CAD files, determine part weight and design, identify potential problems.
- Select appropriate materials.
- Develop an appropriate packaging for the product.
- Collaborate with the Quoting Engineer to create a Piece Price Quote Worksheet.
- Partner with tooling to select the proper tooling for the product.
- Review and approve the quote before delivering it to the customer.
- Sales/Customer Development and Assistance
- Provide customers with preliminary designs and seek their feedback.
- Inform customers of any tooling issues or concerns.
- Properly store customer CAD files.
Program Manager (Cleveland Area) Job Requirements:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in program management is required for this job.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in an engineering job.
- A minimum of 3 years program or project management experience performing product development roles.
- Proven history of successful project/program management is required, PMP certification is a plus.
- Thermoset plastics experience.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.