Operations Manager Summary
Operations Manager job opening in Chicago. A provider of supply chain services is currently seeking candidates for an open Operations Manager job in the greater Chicago area. Our supply chain recruiters are seeking freight management professionals for this Operations Manager job opening in Chicago. This job provides competitive compensation as well as strong benefits.
Chicago Operations Manager Overview:
The Chicago Operations Manager will direct all day to day activities within the facility. The Chicago Operations Manager will work with the facility’s management team to ensure that all activities are performed correctly and on schedule. The Chicago Operations manager will lead daily meetings of management staff to ensure that tasks are communicated, and that deadlines are understood.
Chicago Operations Manager Job Opening:
- The Chicago Operations Manager will manage the daily operations of the Chicago facility.
- Lead daily meetings of managers and supervisors to communicate objectives, goals, and expectations.
- Ensure that updates to policy and procedures are communicated throughout the facility.
- The Chicago Operations Manager will develop and lead training seminars to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Partner with the maintenance staff to ensure that activities are performed on schedule and to the highest standards of quality.
- Work with distribution operations team members to ensure orders are delivered on time or ahead of schedule.
- The Chicago Operations Manager will perform customer service procedures as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that orders are properly recorded.
Operations Manager (Chicago Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in business, supply chain, or a related area from an accredited institution.
- At least five years of experience in an operations management role for a supply chain services company.
- At least ten years of experience in the supply chain services industry.
- Able to communicate aptly with personnel at varying levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership skills, able to motivate and develop a staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage personnel issues, solve problems, make compromises.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.