Materials Manager Summary
Materials Manager Job Opening in Detroit, Michigan. A prominent automotive supplier is currently seeking to fill a Materials Manager job in the greater Detroit area. Our automotive recruiters are currently seeking experienced Materials Managers whom are familiar with fast-paced, high-volume manufacturing environments. The Materials Manager will have a large responsibility in ensuring the constant flow of materials and supplies at the company’s metro Detroit, Michigan location. For the Materials Manager who can help enact continuous improvement and cut down on supply delays and shutdowns, the company is offering a high salary and opportunity for growth within the organization. This is the right job opportunity for a mid-level Materials Manager to take the next step in his or her career.
Detroit Materials Manager Overview:
The Materials Manager will need to work cross-functionally in order to figure out plant supply needs and ways to fill those needs. For this job, he or she will bear the responsibility of managing inventory control and distribution of materials at the metro Detroit, Michigan site. Additionally, the Materials Manager will need to oversee shipping and receiving functions of the warehouse. The Materials Manager will be managing several direct reports and will be reporting to upper level management.
Detroit Materials Manager Job Opening
- The Detroit Materials Manager will be responsible for ensuring quick and consistent flow of materials at the Detroit, Michigan job site.
- For this job, the Materials Manager must utilize ERP systems in order to track materials and coordinate shipping and receiving procedures of the warehouse.
- The Detroit Materials Manager must be able to both forecast and budget out various inventories.
- The position will need to interface with suppliers in order to procure materials and bring them into the site.
- The Materials Manager will also keep track of all materials through daily reports.
- This position will take on any additional jobs as assigned by upper management.
- There is no travel required for this job.
Materials Manager (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in supply chain or business is required for this position.
- Experience utilizing ERP systems.
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- At least 7 years of experience in materials management.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.