Master Scheduler Summary
Master Scheduler job opening in Detroit. A manufacturer of automotive parts is currently seeking candidates for a Master Scheduler job in Detroit. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking diligent, organized scheduling professionals for this Master Scheduler job opportunity. This job offers competitive compensation as well as a great benefits package.
Detroit Master Scheduler Overview:
The Detroit Master Scheduler keeps track of materials on hand while planning for several production lines. The Master Scheduler is responsible for ensuring that components are delivered to the plan on time and that inventory flow is healthy. Based on customer data, develop a schedule for ordering materials to meet production and customer needs. The Detroit Master Scheduler will establish minimum inventory level for materials to be kept on hand in the facility.
Detroit Master Scheduler Job Opening
- The Detroit Master Scheduler will utilize the QAD system to manage the supply base.
- Ensure that customer needs are met before delivery deadline.
- Review, modify, and circulate schedules and forecasts to suppliers each week.
- Input material orders on supplier websites.
- Ensure lead times are considered for transit, coating, and other potential delays.
- The Detroit Master Scheduler will keep a record of supplier performance.
- Keep record of all delivery violations such as late deliveries, production disruptions, and other errors.
- Evaluate suppliers in schedule meetings to rate suppliers and keep documents of all corrective actions.
- The Detroit Master Scheduler will manage the logistics of materials coming to the facility.
- Provide suppliers with routing instructions.
- Partner with logistics service providers to establish standard routes and reduce costs.
- Establish a base level of raw materials and other suppliers, ensure that level is maintained.
Master Scheduler (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or a related field from an accredited university.
- At least three years of scheduling experience for a manufacturing company, automotive experience would be preferable for this job.
- A high level of familiarity with QAD would be preferable, ERP/MRP systems experience a necessity.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite of programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook as well as gmail and google docs.
- Excellent organization skills, able to manage several projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to gather information, determine facts and draw conclusions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.