Maintenance Manager Summary
Maintenance Manager job opening in Chicago. A manufacturer of building materials is currently seeking candidates for a Maintenance Manager job opening in Chicago. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking diligent, organized maintenance professionals for this Maintenance Manager job opening in the Chicago area. This job offers a good benefits package in addition to competitive compensation.
Chicago Maintenance Manager Overview:
The Chicago Maintenance Manager will schedule, assign, and oversee the maintenance activities within the facility. The Maintenance Manager will partner with staff across many departments such as planning, engineering, production, and inventory to ensure that maintenance activities are carried out strategically to minimize downtime from scheduling or mechanical errors. The Maintenance Manager will assign tasks to maintenance technicians and will provide mentorship as necessary. The Chicago Maintenance Manager will report to the Plant Manager.
Chicago Maintenance Manager Job Opening
- The Chicago Maintenance Manager will develop a maintenance budget each year, and manage it throughout the year.
- Administer the facility’s computer maintenance management system.
- Direct and assist maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, and other personnel.
- The Chicago Maintenance Manager will create maintenance plans and schedules to minimize breakdowns and other issues.
- Evaluate maintenance plans for equipment with consistent problems, explore replacing equipment in severe instances.
- Ensure the facility is kept clean, clear, and safe for all personnel.
- The Chicago Maintenance Manager will check and supervise maintenance personnel staff.
- Participate in root cause investigations in all down-time incidents.
- Submit suggestions to alter maintenance procedures and practices.
- The Chicago Maintenance Manager will take part in continuous improvement projects.
- Lead regular trainings with maintenance personnel to develop the staff and keep them knowledgeable.
- Perform other duties as necessary and directed.
Maintenance Manager (Chicago Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree from an accredited university at a minimum; an engineering degree would be preferred for this job.
- At least three years of experience as a maintenance manager in a shop that operates twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Familiar with CMMS systems.
- At least one year of experience with scheduling would be preferable for this job.
- Familiarity with PLC programming would be preferable.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of mechanics and electricity.
- Strong communication skills in order to explain directions and duties.
- Able to focus on several tasks/priorities without missing deadlines.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.