Cost Estimator Summary
Cost Estimator Job Opening in Detroit, Michigan. A metal components manufacturer is seeking candidates for a Cost Estimator job opening in Detroit. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking analytical, experienced Cost Estimators for this job opportunity in the greater Detroit Area. This job is a good opportunity for estimating professionals with metal formed parts experience. This position offers a good benefits package as well as competitive compensation.
Detroit Cost Estimator Overview:
The Detroit Cost Estimator will deliver pricing quotes to customers and other personnel. The Detroit Cost Estimator will partner with a few different internal departments in order to develop precise quotes for customers. This job will require familiarity with metal forming and pricing of metal materials. The estimator will work collaborate with personnel from the engineering department and will report to the Director of Cost Estimating.
Detroit Cost Estimator Job Opening:
- The Detroit Cost Estimator will communicate with internal departments, such as engineering, manufacturing, tooling, accounting, sales, and purchasing to gather information to develop the most accurate price estimates.
- Keep regular contact with customers and suppliers to gather information to provide the most precise price estimates.
- Utilize blueprints, technical specifications, and other documents to develop estimates for the tooling and the price per piece for every product or component.
- Develop tooling concepts for the planned manufacturing process.
- The Detroit Cost Estimator will develop estimates for piece cost components to be manufactured.
- Explore and present alternate options to customers wanting to drive down costs.
- Collaborate with customers to discuss technical problems, offer suggestions, and utilize input to ensure product satisfaction.
- Develop estimates on the cost impact for any revisions to designs
- The Detroit Cost Estimator will find areas to implement continuous improvement processes and develop plans for improvements within the cost quoting process.
Cost Estimator (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering from an accredited institution is greatly preferred, but other degrees and non-degreed candidates will be considered.
- At least five years of experience working with injection molding in a manufacturing environment.
- Good computer skills, especially familiar with Microsoft Excel.
- Great math skills.
- Familiar with reading blue prints and other technical documents.
- Six sigma or lean training would be beneficial for this position.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal.
- Comfortable working independent and with teams of cross-functional staff.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.