Controls Engineer Summary
Controls Engineer job opening in Grand Rapids, Michigan. A company that specializes in automation services for a wide variety of companies is currently seeking to fill a Controls Engineer job opening in greater Grand Rapids, Michigan. JMJ Phillip’s engineering recruiters are seeking savvy engineers who can handle a large degree of responsibility. The company Is rapidly expanding and is currently hiring a Controls Engineer to solve engineering problems for manufacturing equipment in the greater Grand Rapids, Michigan territory.
Grand Rapids Controls Engineer Overview:
For this job, the main function of the Controls Engineer will be to design, implement, and measure controls systems utilizing programmable logic controls knowledge to improve equipment. The Controls Engineer will collaborate with a number of engineers, customers, machine builders, business unit managers, technicians to best optimize equipment improvements. For this job, the Controls Engineer will need to familiarize himself or herself with a wide variety of technologies to be most efficient. The Controls Engineer will travel out to customer sites in the greater Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
Grand Rapids Controls Engineer Job Opening
- The main function of the Controls Engineer job will be to come up with control systems for customer and factory equipment in the greater Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
- The Controls Engineer will create pneumatic design, peripheral device programming, programmable logic controls programming, lead machine debugging, and work with electrical teams.
- The Controls Engineer will make sure that the equipment is programmed to match both company and client specifications while working out of the greater Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
- There is a high degree of travel throughout metro Grand Rapids, Michigan that is required for this job.
- The Controls Engineer will handle any additional duties as assigned by the Controls Engineering Manager.
Controls Engineer (Grand Rapids Area) Job Requirements:
- A minimum of a 4 year degree in an engineering field is required for this job.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience with programmable logic controls.
- Ability and desire to travel in and outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Advanced knowledge of PLC and HMI systems, and AutoCAD and Motion Control.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.