Controls Engineer Summary
Controls Engineer job opening in Detroit. A manufacturer of HVAC products is currently seeking skilled professionals for a Controls Engineer job in Detroit. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking motivated, process-oriented electrical engineering professionals for this Controls Engineer job area in Detroit. This job offers competitive compensation as well as a good benefits package.
Detroit Controls Engineer Overview:
The Detroit Controls Engineer will develop controls for different HVAC products. The Detroit Controls engineer will lead programs and perform engineering tasks on assigned projects. The Detroit Controls Engineer will lead controls-related quality improvement and cost saving initiatives. The Detroit Controls Engineer will also participate in projects to improve current products and solve potential issues with current projects. Additionally, the Detroit Controls Engineer will develop new controls designs to meet customer needs and anticipate new market opportunities.
Detroit Controls Engineer Job Opening
- The Detroit Controls Engineer will lead new product development programs.
- Lead and participate in cost reduction initiatives.
- Oversee controls projects from the beginning and development, through the implementation.
- The Detroit Controls Engineer will collaborate with other engineers on system design projects and product engineering projects.
- Determine the requirements of features and products, keep project team members informed of requirements through out.
- Oversee the test programs of controls.
- Develop, improve, and qualify the controls and software for HVAC products.
- The Detroit Controls Engineer will develop controls specifications.
- Ensure that the hardware design process is properly documented.
- Assist other personnel in developing and reviewing a variety of materials that cover the controls systems.
Controls Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution would be preferable.
- The minimum of a four year degree in electrical engineering will be considered.
- At least three years of experience designing electrical controls.
- An understanding of HVAC controls system design would be strongly preferred.
- A deep understanding of electronics, circuit design principles, power electronics, motors, and variable speed drives.
- Understanding of developing control boxes, write harnesses, and other common components of control systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to develop test plans for refrigeration equipment.
- Able to read and develop blueprints.
- Familiar with Unigraphics/NX CAD software.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot control systems.
- Familiar with electronic controls manufacturing methods.
- Understanding of wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, and harness configurations.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.