Buyer job opening in the greater Dallas, Texas area. A leading general merchandise and pharmacy chain is looking to fill a job opening for a Buyer in the greater Dallas, TX area. This job will be important for leading purchasing efforts for various store categories. JMJ Phillip’s retail recruiters are seeking motivated individuals with extensive product and market knowledge, and excellent communication skills to fill this Buyer job opening in Dallas, Texas. The company will provide a generous compensation package along with a comprehensive benefits package for highly qualified individuals that are right for the job.
Dallas Buyer Overview:
The Buyer, to be located in the greater Dallas, TX area, will be responsible for purchasing finished goods within their assigned category. Overall, the Dallas, TX area Buyer will be responsible for conducting market research to determine which products should be in inventory. The Buyer will also formulate strong relationships with product suppliers and engage in contract negotiations. In this job, the Dallas, TX Buyer will also perform sales forecasts to determine the necessary amount of product needed in inventory. The primary goal of the Buyer, located in Dallas, TX, is to expand the company’s products supply to increase sales revenue while also engaging in cost saving negotiations.
Dallas Buyer Job Opening:
- The Buyer will be responsible for overseeing purchasing activities within a specific product category.
- This job will engage in contract negotiations with external vendors to achieve further cost savings.
- This role will utilize sales forecasts and analyze market trends in order to determine necessary product inventory.
- The Buyer should expand product selection in order to drive sales and revenue and increase the company’s market share.
- This job ensures that current product lines are in agreement with market trends as well as customer and company needs.
Buyer (Dallas Area) Job Requirements:
- This job requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous experience in purchasing (at least 3 years) in a retail setting.
- This role will also require extensive product knowledge and understanding of market trends in their assigned product category.
- Excellent negotiation skills are crucial for this role.
- This job will also require excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.