Consulting Engineer Summary
Consulting Engineer job opening in Detroit. A software company is currently seeking candidates for a Consulting Engineer job opening in Detroit. Our engineering recruiters are seeking collaborative, flexible client-oriented professionals for this Consulting Engineer job opening in the Detroit area. This job offers competitive compensation as well as a good benefits package.
Detroit Consulting Engineer Overview:
The Detroit Consulting Engineer will provide assistance to clients on site in using the company’s software. The Consulting Engineer will perform marketing demonstrations prior to sales as well as post sales training and support, in addition to consulting. The Detroit Consulting Engineer will embed with the client’s team to provide assistance as a software subject matter expert. The Detroit Consulting Engineer will provide appropriate personnel with feedback based on the time spent with the client.
Detroit Consulting Engineer Job Opening
- The Detroit Consulting Engineer will serve as the on-site support expert embedded within an assigned team at the client company.
- Remain knowledgeable about the product’s technical aspects and all of its updates.
- Represent the company to the client in the most professional manner.
- The Detroit Consulting Engineer will utilize best practices to participate in the project team and assist with studies where the software is utilized.
- Assist with vehicle program reviews using gathered results.
- Identify areas where the software could be utilized in order to drive software growth.
- Provide technical support to customer personnel.
- The Detroit Consulting Engineer will lead software training courses to customers.
- Serve as the first level of technical support for customers.
- Interface with product development and account management personnel to handle customer support issues.
Consulting Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in engineering or physics from an accredited institution.
- High level of familiarity to CATIA v5.
- Experience in an application engineering role and working in a client-focused engineering role.
- Familiar working with optics software.
- Familiar with illumination systems simulation and design.
- Experience working with major simulation tools.
- Experience working in lighting design or simulation for an OEM or Tier 1 company.
- Demonstrated ability in technical sales.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic programming language.
- Understanding of visual ergonomics as well as visual reality concepts and technologies.
- Collaborative personality, thrives in changing environments and teams.
- Consultative sales experience would be preferred.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.