Director of Operations Summary
Director of Operations job opening in Boston. A packaging materials manufacturer is seeking candidates for a Director of Operations job in Boston. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking visionary, energized operations professionals in the greater Boston area for this exciting job opportunity. This job provides a competitive compensation package as well as excellent benefits.
Boston Director of Operations Overview:
The Boston Director of Operations will oversee day to day operations of the manufacturing facility. The Boston Director of Operations shall ensure that materials are manufactured on time and to the company’s quality standards. Direct the activity of management staff to ensure that indirect reports perform to the highest standard. Ensure that planning is done correctly to prevent excessive surpluses while also keeping enough materials on hand.
Boston Director of Operations Job Opening:
- The Boston Director of Operations will oversee all manufacturing operations including maintenance, forecasting, supply chain, and shipping and receiving.
- Ensure that the facility upholds lean manufacturing standards.
- Create a manufacturing plan and set of standard procedures to keep the facility operating at peak efficiency.
- Meet regularly with production managers to provide direction, express priorities, and set standard procedures. Implement activities to meet goals.
- The Boston Director of operation will oversee hiring and will be directly involved in the hiring of select positions. Ensure that the facility is adequately staffed and trained.
Director of Operations (Boston Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related area.
- At least ten years of progressive experience in manufacturing.
- A minimum of five years of experience with a similar level of responsibility.
- Flexible packaging experience would be beneficial for this position.
- Proven understanding of GMP and SOP standards.
- Extremely organized, able to manage a wide variety of projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Great communication skills, able to motivate a variety of personality types.
- Familiar with ERP systems.
- Strong business acumen.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.