Production Supervisor Summary
There is an opening for a Production Supervisor in the greater Chicago, Illinois area. An industrial components manufacturer is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Production Supervisor job opening in the greater Chicago Illinois area. JMJ Phillip’s industrial manufacturing recruiters are seeking and ambitious and detail-oriented individual for a job opening in the greater Chicago, Illinois area. The Chicago Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading the production crew and monitoring all steps of the production process. Additionally, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining a working relationship with the labor union by following collective bargaining agreements.
Chicago Production Supervisor Overview:
The Production Supervisor, to be located in the greater Chicago area, will be essential in coordinating with staff and other production members with regard to die changes, inventory, daily production, and quality concerns. The Chicago Production Supervisor will develop reporting procedures and systems for the production process. This job will entail ensuring proper operation of all production equipment by calling for necessary repairs and documenting items which need to be addressed. Each day, the Production Supervisor will conduct safety talks with all production team members about driving the improvement of shift safety as well as production data. It is also important that the is able to candidate assist in implementing LEAN concepts and continuous improvement activities.
Chicago Production Supervisor Job Opening
- This job requires initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within the production department to create a comfortable and safe working environment.
- The Production Supervisor will ensure proper operation of equipment by calling for necessary repairs and documenting items to be addressed.
- The Chicago Production Supervisor provide direction and leadership to the production staff to accomplish organizational goals.
- This job includes maintaining a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources.
- This role will maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
Production Supervisor (Chicago Area) Job Requirements:
- This job requires a four-year degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
- The Chicago Production Supervisor will have experience with Business Management Software (QAD, MRP, SAP)
- Ideally, the candidate will have previous experience in a union environment.
- The ability to work any shift with the possibility of weekends and overtime is a requirement for this job.
- The Production Supervisor will have experience with production planning and controls for improvement.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.