A growing automotive manufacturer is seeking a Director of Operations in the greater Birmingham, Alabama area.
Birmingham, Alabama Director of Operations Job Opening
- Develop and train the manufacturing team and hold accountability on performance, safety, productivity, and quality.
- Track key value stream performance indicators to drive change initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects and coordinate across operations teams to ensure project timeliness and quality.
- Conduct failure analysis, perform root cause analysis, and initiate corrective action as needed.
- Review engineering designs for manufacturing feasibility and recommend design changes to enhance production and reduce cost.
Director of Operations (Birmingham, Alabama) Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or business required.
- At least 8 years of managerial experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing principles and implementing lean improvements.
- Prior experience supporting manufacturing planning analysis for short- and long-term needs.
- Strong understanding of unit hour performance, cost accounting management, and other budgetary responsibilities.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.