A prominent manufacturer in the packaging industry is seeking an EHS Specialist in the greater Chicago, Illinois area.
Chicago EHS Specialist Job Opening
- Facilitate and maintain company safety and health programs in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Develop and organize safety training and programs in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Manage and maintain required OSHA documentation and records.
- Conduct incident investigations including coordination of incident reporting procedure.
- Investigate and resolve any packaging safety problems identified with a sense of urgency.
- Verify that all employees follow company GMP, sanitation, pre-requisite programs chemical control and food safety plans and policies.
EHS Specialist (Chicago area) Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required for this role.
- At least 2-5 years of health/safety/environmental leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- OSHA 501 certification is preferred for this role.
- Experience in OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP).
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.