Plant Engineer Summary
There is a Plant Engineer job opening in the greater Gary, Indiana area. A manufacturing company is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Plant Engineer job opening in the greater Gary, Indiana area. JMJ Phillip’s manufacturing recruiters are seeking a strong Plant Engineer to join a growing team. The Gary, Indiana area Plant Engineer job will be responsible driving continuous improvement throughout the entire production and shipping process. This includes designing and executing improvement projects to increase capacity and operational effectiveness and efficiency. The Plant Engineer is also responsible for developing skills and familiarity with the products to serve as back-up for the site quality assurance manager. This job will also be asked to create and maintain maintenance workorder system and equipment documentation. This company is offering competitive compensation and benefits to an individual displaying exemplary expertise as a Plant Engineer in the greater Gary, Indiana area.
Gary Plant Engineer Overview:
The Gary, Indiana Plant Engineer will be responsible for driving continuous improvement initiatives throughout the entire organization. Most commonly the Indiana Plant Engineer will identify, root cause, and resolve issues within the organization’s production process. The Plant Engineer must be able to identify, root cause, and resolve issues or potential future issues within the organization’s production process. Additionally, the Plant Engineer will oversee the health, safety, and environmental functions. The position also requires the Indiana Plant Engineer to oversee the health, safety, and environmental functions within the organization. Additionally, the Indiana Plant Engineer will be required to create and maintain maintenance records to ensure equipment is being routinely maintained. Gary, Indiana Plant Engineer will also be asked to develop skills and product familiarity to act as a back-up QA Manager.
Gary Plant Engineer Job Opening
- This job requires leading continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
- This position will identify, root cause, and resolve issues within the production process.
- This job requires overseeing the health, safety, and environmental functions.
- The Plant Engineer must develop a deep understanding of the product to act as back up QA Manager.
- This job requires creating a maintenance schedule to ensure equipment upkeep.
Plant Engineer (Gary Area) Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering is required for this job
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience
- Experience in the refractory/ ceramics industry
- Strong oral, written, and analytical skills
- Little to no travel is needed for this job
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.