Plant Controller Summary
Job opening for a Plant Controller in the greater Detroit, Michigan Area. A growing plastic parts manufacturer for the automotive industry is looking to fill a Plant Controller job opening in the Detroit, Michigan area. JMJ Phillip’s automotive parts manufacturing recruiters are looking for motivated candidates with the knowledge and skills to fill this Detroit are job opening for Plant Controller. This job will be important for preparing monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, and strategic planning. The company will provide a generous compensation package and benefits.
Detroit Plant Controller Overview:
The Plant Controller will be located in the greater Detroit, Michigan area, and will be responsible for administrative work within the plant, such as preparing financial statements, production cost statements and profit forecasts. The Detroit Plant Controller will also lead and manage production control and continuous improvement activities to improve margins. The Detroit Plant Controller will be responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales, and finance while also performing audits of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly.
Detroit Plant Controller Job Opening
- The Detroit Plant Controller will need to forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. sales results and annual forecasts).
- The Plant Controller must ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- The Detroit Pant Controller will be required to attend daily plant production meetings.
- The job requires providing direction to department colleagues consistent with the plant business goals.
- The Plant Controller will need to ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
Plant Controller (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience with financial/manufacturing systems.
- A CPA and/or CMA preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial systems, manufacturing systems, general ledger, budgeting and forecasting is required.
- Experience in audit procedures and processes, financial reporting, accounting and variance analysis and continuous improvements.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.