Category Packaging Manager Summary
Category Packaging Manager job opening in Atlanta. A chemical manufacturing company is seeking job applicants for a Category Packaging Manager job opening in the Atlanta, Georgia area. JMJ Phillip’s engineering recruiters are seeking creative, strategic packaging engineering professionals in the greater Atlanta area. This job provides a competitive compensation package as well as great benefits.
Atlanta Category Packaging Manager Overview:
The Category Packaging Manager will lead the packaging engineering teams to develop better packaging solutions and transportation methods for the company’s products. The Category Packaging Manager will partner with product managers to determine the best ways to package and transport materials. In addition, the Atlanta Category Packaging Manage will work with materials engineers to determine the best materials and equipment to utilize for packaging chemicals. The Atlanta Category Packaging Manager will provide guidance, coaching, and supervision to the packaging engineers. He or She will be expected to maintain education and professional knowledge around packaging trends and innovations.
Atlanta Category Packaging Manager Job Opening:
- The Atlanta Category Packaging Manager will work with product management teams to develop the most cost-effective, quality packaging.
- Provide direction and assistance to packaging engineers in developing new packaging for products and for products to be transported.
- Participate in meetings with product managers, customers, and other key players to understand the requirements of packaging.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of materials and how chemicals interact with those materials.
- Lead continuous improvement projects within the packaging department.
Category Packaging Manager (Atlanta Area) Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a packaging engineering degree would be preferred for this position
- At least eight years of packaging engineering experience, with at least three years of management experience
- Lean, Six Sigma training and certification would be beneficial for this position
- Strong communication skills
- Detailed understanding of CAD modeling software
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.