Category Manager Summary
There is currently a Category Manager job opening in the Atlanta, Georgia area. A large chemical manufacturer is now in the process of seeking an individual to come in and fill the Category Manager job opening in the Atlanta, Georgia area. This company provides chemicals and polymers to many industries. The ideal candidate for this job will have an eclectic background in procuring materials for manufacturing chemical products. JMJ Phillip’s manufacturing recruiters are now seeking an individual with an analytical mind and a knack for problem-solving to fill the Category Manager job opening in the Atlanta, Georgia area. This job offers an excellent benefits package.
Atlanta Category Manager Overview:
The Atlanta Category Manager will play a large role in the procurement of materials for manufacturing purposes. The Category Manager will coordinate with both buyers and procurement managers in order to best strategize purchasing. The Category Manager will conduct market research to help ensure proper procurement. This job will require the Category Manager to work with several different suppliers in order to maintain strong relationships. The Category Manager must monitor the costs of procurement. The Category Manager will make sure that this Atlanta manufacturing continuously meets the ISO 9001 standards. This job requires some travel in and around the Atlanta, Georgia area.
Atlanta Category Manager Job Opening:
- The Atlanta Category Manager will play a part in the purchasing of materials in this facility.
- The Category Manager will work with buyers and procurement managers to ensure they do not exceed allotted costs.
- This job requires the Category Manager to conduct a great deal of market research in order to ensure that procurement methods remain effective.
- The Category Manager will make sure that the Atlanta manufacturing facility meets the ISO 9001 standards.
- This job requires some travel in and around the Atlanta, Georgia area.
Category Manager (Atlanta area) Job Requirements:
- This job requires a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Business.
- The ideal candidate should have at least five years of procurement experience.
- This person should have experience working in a chemical plant.
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must for this job.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.