Purchasing Manager Summary
Purchasing Manager job opening in the greater Grand Rapids, Michigan area. A leading manufacturer of aluminum and steel building products is seeking to fill a job opening for a Purchasing Manager in the greater Grand Rapids, MI area. This job will be important for the development of purchasing strategies for the company. JMJ Phillip’s manufacturing recruiters are seeking a team player with a positive attitude to fill this Purchasing Manager job opening in Grand Rapids, MI. The company will provide a generous compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits.
Grand Rapids, MI Purchasing Manager Overview:
The Purchasing Manager, to be located in the greater Grand Rapids, MI area, will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the company’s purchasing strategy. This will include the recommendation of various purchasing policies in an effort to improve cost savings in the supply chain. The Grand Rapids, MI area Purchasing Manager will forge strong relationships with vendors to help reduce problems and improve deliverables and service. An important aspect of the job will involve material need forecasting to ensure necessary inventory for production purposes. The Grand Rapids, MI based Purchasing Manager will also negotiate supplier contracts and create purchase orders.
Grand Rapids, MI Purchasing Manager Job Opening:
- This job is primarily responsible for sourcing all necessary materials and supplies for production purposes.
- The Purchasing Manager will develop the overall purchasing strategy in order to maintain the supply base and achieve cost savings.
- This role will manage vendor relations and engage in contract negotiation.
- Continuous improvement will be an important focus for this job to achieve inventory targets and supplier performance.
- This job will also maintain and update MRP software.
Purchasing Manager (Grand Rapids Area) Job Requirements:
- This job requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Previous purchasing experience (at least 6 years) in a manufacturing environment is absolutely required. Experience with metals is preferred.
- Experience using MRP software is also expected.
- This job will also require excellent problem identification and solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be of vital importance for this job.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.