Director of Materials and Planning Summary
Director of Materials and Planning job opening in Salt Lake City. A manufacturer of consumer home goods is currently seeking candidates for a Director of Materials Planning Job in the greater Salt Lake City area. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking analytical, numbers-oriented forecasting professionals for this Director of Materials and Planning job in the greater Salt Lake City area. This Job provides excellent growth potential as well as a competitive compensation package.
Salt Lake City Director of Materials and Planning Overview:
The Salt Lake City Director of Materials and Planning will oversee all forecasting and purchasing several manufacturing facilities. The Salt Lake City Director of Materials and Planning will oversee the integration of SAP systems into current practices in order to improve the accuracy of planning and forecasting activities. The Director of Materials and Planning will have several direct reports and will report to the VP of Supply Chain.
Salt Lake City Director of Materials and Planning Job Opening:
- The Salt Lake City Director of Materials and Planning will oversee inventory planning for several manufacturing facilities.
- Provide direction, mentorship, and strategy to direct reports to improve forecasting and planning.
- Ensure that the manufacturing facilities have enough materials on hand to fulfill manufacturing needs without causing overstock at any facility.
- The Salt Lake City Director of Materials will be responsible for ensuring the Suppliers provide materials of appropriate quality and that all shipments arrive on time.
- Interfaces and coordinates with suppliers to improve product quality and the accuracy of orders.
- Provide feedback to suppliers, terminate relationships as necessary.
Director of Materials and Planning (Salt Lake City Area) Job Requirements:
- A four-year degree in supply chain, business, or a related area from an accredited institution.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in business administration or supply chain would be preferable for this position.
- At least ten years of experience in a materials planning role for a manufacturing organization.
- At least three years of experience in a Director role for a manufacturing organization.
- Deep understanding of S&OP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional math skills.
- Proven history as a problem solver, able to make rational decisions under immense pressure.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.