Materials and Purchasing Manager Summary
Materials and Purchasing Manager Job Opening in the greater Birmingham, Alabama area. A leading construction and building materials manufacturing company is searching for elite candidates for a Materials and Purchasing Manager job opening in the greater Birmingham, Alabama area. Our purchasing and manufacturing recruiters are on the lookout for managers of materials and purchasing with a solid background in materials management and purchasing management roles for this job in the greater Birmingham, Alabama area. This job opening is an exciting opportunity for anyone in the manufacturing sector with purchasing and materials management experience.
Birmingham Materials and Purchasing Manager Overview:
The Materials and Purchasing Manager will be in charge of all material flow and organization throughout the entirety of the manufacturing process. He or she will create and enforce purchasing policies while searching for and securing new supply sources as necessary. This job in the greater Birmingham, Alabama area will report directly to the Director of Manufacturing and will hire, manage, and train a team of materials and purchasing staff.
Birmingham Materials and Purchasing Manager Job Opening:
- The greater Birmingham, Alabama area Materials and Purchasing Manager is responsible for collaborating with the production department to plan and maintain purchasing transactions in accordance with sales forecasts and production schedules.
- The Materials and Purchasing Manager in the Birmingham, Alabama area will work alongside the quality department to ensure adequate supplier quality of all incoming materials.
- He or she will lead continuous improvement growth on the material acquisition front as well as all storage and organization advancements in the warehouse.
Materials and Purchasing Manager (Birmingham area) Job Requirements:
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years of experience in the field of supply chain or material management is required.
- A strong working knowledge of ERP, MRP, or other inventory management systems.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, and ethical conduct.
- Previous experience with construction and building materials and proficiency in Microsoft Excel is preferred.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.