Materials Manager Summary
Materials Manager job opening in Birmingham Alabama. A leading, global tier one automotive supplier is currently seeking to fill a Materials Manager job opening in Birmingham, Alabama. The Materials Manager will have a significant role in managing the inventory and supplies at the greater Birmingham, Alabama site. JMJ Phillip’s materials recruiters are currently seeking savvy, team-oriented Materials Managers who can consistently manage the flow of materials into the manufacturing operation.
Birmingham Materials Manager Overview:
The Materials Manager will focus on inventory control and replenishment at the greater Birmingham site. Additionally, the Materials Manager will need to lead a team comprised of materials coordinators and purchasing professionals to successfully sustain material flow into the site. The Materials Manager has a highly cross-functional role, as he or she will be responsible for incorporating planning processes at the Birmingham, Alabama site. The Materials Manager will prepare reports for management based on delivery of materials and inventory flow. The Materials Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations at the Birmingham, Alabama site for this job.
Birmingham Materials Manager Job Opening
- A primary job of the Materials Manager will implement best inventory and materials purchasing practices at the greater Birmingham, Alabama site.
- Additionally, the Materials Manager will come up with a sourcing strategy to implement at the site to cut down on costs.
- The Materials Manager will collaborate with several departments at the greater Birmingham, Alabama location.
- The Materials Manager will set performance metrics and conduct evaluations for his or her team while working out of Birmingham, Alabama.
- There is little travel outside of Birmingham, Alabama that is required for this job.
- The Materials Manager will take on any additional duties as assigned by the Birmingham Director of Operations for this job.
Materials Manager (Birmingham Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field is required for this job.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership and materials management role.
- In-depth ERP and WMS experience is required for this job.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.