Design Engineer Summary
Design Engineer job opening in Detroit, Michigan. A company that specializes in precision machining for a variety of industries is currently seeking to fill a Design Engineer job opening in the greater Detroit, Michigan area. The Design Engineer will have a great degree of responsibility for this job, as he or she will be in charge of driving innovation and new product design. For a metro Detroit Design Engineer who is looking to take the next step in his or her career and has strong experience in CAD software for machine design, this is a great job opportunity. For this role, the company is offering a high salary and great benefits package, as well as a high amount of vacation time.
Detroit Design Engineer Overview:
The primary job of the Design Engineer is to come up with prints and designs for the machine shop to build off. Additionally, the Design Engineer will need to collaborate with detailers and other Design Engineers on staff to complete projects and drive innovation forward. The Design Engineer will also collaborate with other manufacturing and shop personnel to develop project concepts. Additionally, the Design Engineer will collaborate on cross-functional teams to come up with new machines and equipment to produce the manufacturing. For this the, the Design Engineer will report to the Design Engineering Manager on site at the greater Detroit, Michigan office.
Detroit Design Engineer Job Opening
- The Design Engineer will analyze and develop new inventions and models for the manufacturing team to build off of while working out of the greater Detroit.
- The Design Engineer must collaborate with research and sales teams to develop new products as well.
- For this job, the Design Engineer must factor in cost and safety for each machine.
- There is little travel outside of metro Detroit, Michigan that is required for this job.
- The Design Engineer will take on any additional duties as given by the Design Engineering Manager.
Design Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering field is required for this job.
- At least 4 years of experience in CAD software design is required for this role.
- Ability to work within a team.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.