Plant Manager Summary
Plant Manager job opening in Grand Rapids, Michigan. A global manufacturer is currently seeking to fill a Plant Manager job opening in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The company is interested in acquiring an experienced Plant Manager to oversee the daily operations of the company’s machine shop in the Grand Rapids area. For the Plant Manager who will best monitor the efficiency of plant staff and machinery to ensure operational efficiency, the company is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Grand Rapids Plant Manager Overview:
The primary job of the Plant Manager will be to direct all functions related to the machine shop production line and will focus on improving quality and efficiency. This will be accomplished by supervising employee activities and the functionality of machinery and equipment. Also, the Grand Rapids Plant Manager will be responsible for supervising the recruitment and training of new and current employees. Additionally, he or she will be tasked with ensuring the adherence to safety and quality policies and standards. The Plant Manager will utilize his or her technical background in developing improved manufacturing procedures. For this job, the Grand Rapids Plant Manager will report directly to a director and will also work cross-functionally with several engineers in developing efficient methodologies and processes that will improve production flow.
Grand Rapids Plant Manager Job Opening
- This role will require the Plant Manager to supervise and guide all daily operations within the company’s Grand Rapids machine shop including work allocation, supervising staff, and programming machinery.
- The Grand Rapids Plant Manager will coordinate hiring, training, and performance evaluation functions.
- The Plant Manager will be responsible for implementing safety and quality control guidelines.
- For this job, there are minimal travel requirements outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Often, he or she will collaborate with other manufacturing and design engineers in the development of improved manufacturing processes.
- The Grand Rapids Plant Manager will accomplish additional duties as assigned.
Plant Manager (Grand Rapids Area) Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university.
- Must have at least 10 years of manufacturing experience, preferably within a CNC machine shop.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have strong technical background and skills.
- Proficient in relevant programming software.
Job postings typically expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.