Director of Design Summary
Director of Design job opening in Detroit, Michigan. A global leader in highly technical and specialized fabrics is currently seeking to fill a Director of Design job opening in Detroit, Michigan. JMJ Phillip’s engineering and design recruiters are currently seeking highly creative, motivated Directors of Design who can propel the company’s product lines and innovation forward. The Director of Design will have a large responsibility in heading up the organization’s product design strategy. For the Detroit Director of Design who can best demonstrate an affinity for creativity and management, the company is offering a high compensation package and high degree of creative freedom while on the job.
Detroit Director of Design Overview:
For this job, the Director of Design will spearhead the organization’s automotive design planning and strategy while working out of the Detroit, Michigan location. Additionally, he or she will need to represent the company at several design presentations and networking events in order to spread brand awareness. Additionally, the Director of Design will lead the design studio and will recommend innovations to company products and designs for new products. The Director of Design will report to executive management and will have several direct reports at the Detroit, Michigan site.
Detroit Director of Design Job Opening
- The Director of Design will be the organization’s chief innovator for the company’s automotive product line at the Detroit, Michigan location.
- For this job, the Director of Design will have a large role in training and developing design technicians in an attempt to continuously improve the department.
- The Director of Design will contribute to the hiring and training of the company’s design team.
- There is little travel outside of Detroit, Michigan that is required for this job.
- The Director of Design will take on any additional jobs as assigned by executive management.
Director of Design (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required for this job.
- At least 7 years of CAD and automotive design experience is required.
- Experience building and managing teams is a plus for this job.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.