Product Engineer Summary
Product Engineer Job Opening in Detroit, Michigan. A prominent automotive manufacturer in the metro Detroit, Michigan area is currently seeking to fill a Product Engineer job in the greater Detroit, Michigan area. The Product Engineer will have a high degree of responsibility on-site in Detroit for this job. He or she will play a vital role in driving product innovations and improvements. For the Product Engineer who can best contribute to the engineering team and provide strategic design improvements to products that the company makes, the organization will provide a good compensation package and room for job growth while working out of the Detroit, Michigan site.
Detroit Product Engineer Overview:
The Product Engineer will contribute to conceptualizing new products through computer-aided software to help bolster sales while working out of the Detroit, Michigan location. Additionally, he or she will need to come up with various ways to improve current products that the company produces in order to stay current with market trends. The Product Engineer will work cross-functionally in conjunction with multiple departments in order to meet sales and product goals for the company. While the Product Engineer will not be responsible for managing anyone directly, he or she will need to assist in the mentoring of Engineering Technicians. For this job, the Product Engineer will report to the Sales Manager at the Detroit, Michigan plant.
Detroit Product Engineer Job Opening
- For this job, the Product Engineer must contribute to the design and development of the company’s product portfolio.
- The Product Engineer must collaborate with other departments in order to successfully utilize materials and processes for manufacturing new products.
- The Product Engineer must also utilize resources outside of the company in order to rectify challenges that come up with designing products.
- The Product Engineer will take on any additional tasks as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- There is little to no travel outside of Michigan required for this job.
Product Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering is required for this job.
- At least 4 years of experience is required for this job.
- AutoCAD experience
- Experience supervising or mentoring is greatly preferred for this role.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.