Design Engineer Summary
Design Engineer job opening in Detroit, Michigan. A consumer home goods manufacturer is currently seeking candidates for a Design Engineer job opening in Detroit, Michigan. Our engineering recruiters are seeking creative, collaborative design professionals for this Design Engineer job in the greater Detroit, Michigan area. This job provides great opportunities for growth as well as a competitive compensation package.
Detroit Design Engineer Overview:
The Detroit Design Engineer will work closely with product development staff to draft designs of new products as well as modifying existing products. The Detroit Design Engineer will perform design modifications as necessary and directed. This Engineer will be assigned to projects in order to provide design existence. The design engineer will work both independently and collaboratively. This position will report to the design engineering manager at the Detroit, Michigan site.
Detroit Design Engineer Job Opening
- The Detroit Design Engineer will be responsible for generating new product designs according to specifications and instructions.
- Identify areas of improvement in designs, modify product designs as directed by product development and other senior staff.
- Work closely with product development to evaluate product designs.
- The Detroit Design Engineer will regularly collaborate and share information with other design staff to improve products.
- Perform design changes and modifications as necessary.
- Meet regularly with engineering staff.
- The Detroit Design Engineer shall take part in product development meetings as necessary.
- Maintain files of all product designs, phases, and changes.
- Consult previous designs within the database in order to improve products and consistently innovate.
- The Detroit Design Engineer shall keep a level of familiarity with competitors goods as well as the industry at large.
Design Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in the field of mechanical engineering from an accredited college university.
- At least three to six years of experience in a design engineering roll.
- Familiar with plastics materials as well as products with electronic components.
- Able to work comfortable in a cross functional team.
- High level experience with 3D modeling software.
- Lean/Six Sigma training would be beneficial for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to understand design feedback and make modifications as necessary.
- A background with consumer goods would be a plus.
- A positive outward attitude.
- Able to work well on a team and also individually.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.