Hardware Engineer Summary
Hardware Engineer job opening in Detroit. An engineering services company is currently seeking candidates for a Hardware Engineer job in the Detroit area. Our Manufacturing recruiters are seeking creative, collaborative computer hardware design professionals for this Hardware Engineer job opening in Detroit. This job offers a competitive compensation package as well as great benefits.
Detroit Hardware Engineer Overview:
The Detroit Hardware Engineer will develop a wide variety of hardware to fulfill applications for client projects. The Detroit Hardware Engineer will work with a team of engineers to design and refine hardware for unique applications. The Detroit Hardware Engineer will develop computers with x86 architecture.
Detroit Hardware Engineer Job Opening
- The Detroit Hardware Engineer will be responsible for individual projects as well as collaborative projects with the Hardware Engineering staff.
- Attend all meetings related to the product being developed in order to understand scope and specifications of the project.
- Develop hardware to fulfill customer project specifications and refine hardware as necessary.
- The Detroit Hardware Engineer will occasionally provide technical support to personnel and customers.
- Take part in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Share relevant project information with project team members.
- The Detroit Hardware Engineer will take part in meetings with engineering staff to share ideas for new designs.
- Perform other duties as necessary and directed.
Hardware Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in electrical engineering or a closely related engineering field from an accredited institution.
- 2-10 years of experience with hardware design.
- Masters or PHD in Electrical Engineering will also be considered.
- Previous experience with circuit design, both analog and digital.
- Familiar with signal processing, compute acceleration, FPGA design, chip-to-chip communication, and i/o interfaces.
- Understanding for the basic schematic capture, particularly part selection, symbol creation, and circuit design.
- Familiar with debug tools; such as scopes, logic analyzers, in-target debuggers.
- Proven ability to find unique solutions to debug problems.
- Familiar with basic software development of simple tools.
- Able to develop documentation and other deliverables in order to transfer to SW group.
- Understanding of the principles of continuous improvement for board design.
- Experience with the principles of analog signal conditioning.
- Previous experience with Altera and/or Xiliniz FPGAs.
- Understanding of x86 muli-core/multi-processor architectures.
- Familiar with single board computers running Linux.
- Some experience with Altera Quartus, Xilinx ISE, and Altium designer.
- Experience with model/control system development in MATLAB/Simulink.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.