Maintenance Technician Summary
Maintenance Technician job opening in Port Huron. A automotive manufacturing company is currently seeking applicants for a Maintenance Technician job in Port Huron. Our automotive recruiters are seeking focused and motivated maintenance professionals for this Maintenance Technician job in the Port Huron area. This job offers competitive compensation and a good benefits package.
Port Huron Maintenance Technician Overview:
The Port Huron Maintenance Technician will take part in all preventative maintenance and repair operations within the facility. The Maintenance Technician will perform root cause analyses of malfunctioning and broken equipment. The Maintenance technician will also work with quality personnel to identify the source of production errors. The maintenance technician will report directly to the lead support engineer and the team leader of the assembly department.
Port Huron Maintenance Technician Job Opening
- The Port Huron Maintenance Technician will performance in a timely fashion when and ensure scheduled preventative maintenance is performed in order to minimize down time and improve the machines’ longevity.
- Foster a safe workplace through checking guards are properly placed and function as well as ensuring that machines are functioning properly, safely, and efficiently.
- Ensure that maintenance equipment and materials are used in an effective manner when performing core functions.
- The Port Huron Maintenance Technician will take part in all continuous improvement activities and projects.
- Utilize 5S principles when performing job functions.
- Take part in the writing up orders for needed parts and equipment.
Maintenance Technician (Port Huron Area) Job Requirements:
- At least a high school diploma or a GED.
- A technical degree or associate’s degree would be preferred for this position.
- At least three years of experience in a role performing maintenance in a production facility.
- Able to work proactively with very little direction.
- Able to deeply understand plant safety procedures and practices. Demonstrated understanding of safety procedures is strongly preferred.
- Able to read and understand technical documents and blueprints.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley ladder logic for PLC machines.
- A high level of familiarity with injection molding machines.
- A demonstrated understanding of arc, mig, and tig welding.
- A thorough understanding of vertical mills and lathes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the concepts behind machine building and enchancing.
- Ability to operate a forklift is preferable.
- Ability to program Allen Bradley PLC machines is preferable.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.