Manufacturing Engineer Summary
Manufacturing Engineer Job Opening in Port Huron. A manufacturer of automotive components is currently seeking candidates for a Manufacturing Engineer job in Port Huron. Our automotive recruiters are seeking diligent and organized manufacturing professionals for this manufacturing engineer position in the greater Port Huron area. This job offers a competitive compensation package as well as benefits.
Port Huron Manufacturing Engineer Overview:
The Port Huron Manufacturing Engineer shall work with the product planning team as well as engineering to develop manufacturing processes within the facility. Additionally, the Port Huron Manufacturing Engineer will take part in the re-design of manufacturing processes and other continuous improvement projects for current products. The Manufacturing Engineer will work with the quality staff to minimize defects in the process and maximize the effectiveness.
Port Huron Manufacturing Engineer Job Opening
- The Port Huron Manufacturing Engineer develops plans for new work processes and leads the launch of new processes with the help of Advanced Product Quality Planning to ensure products launch on schedule.
- Develop and refine control plans, process designs, operation instructions, and other technical documents for each part manufactured in each process.
- Directly oversee projects related to manufacturing processes. Ensure equipment is installed properly and on time.
- The Port Huron Manufacturing Engineer will perform research to identify new equipment to improve processes.
- Communicate with customers to ensure manufactured products meet their requirements.
- Plan and execute process improvement, continuous improvement projects, and cost savings projects.
- The Port Huron Manufacturing engineer will assist tool room staff to develop tooling for processes.
Manufacturing Engineer (Port Huron Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree from an accredited university with a discipline of engineering.
- An associate’s degree with manufacturing engineering experience will also be considered for this position.
- A good understanding of trigonometry as well as geometry.
- Familiar with Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances.
- Able to read blue prints and other technical documents.
- Knowledge of process design, machining, tool and fixture design.
- Ability to develop quality plans.
- Ability to program machine controls.
- Ability to develop budgets for projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with MPACT, CAD, and other modeling software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Strong problem solving skills as well as organizational, able to manage several projects concurrently.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.