Production Supervisor Summary
Production Supervisor Job Opening in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A manufacturer of custom vehicles for a range of applications is currently seeking to fill a Production Supervisor job near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking hardworking and disciplined production supervisors in the greater Pittsburgh area for this job. This is a job with growth potential in a growing company. This Philadelphia company is offering competitive compensation and benefits for this job opening.
Philadelphia Production Supervisor Overview:
The Philadelphia Production Supervisor will develop schedules, determine priorities, and delegate work amongst the production staff. The Production Supervisor will interface with materials staff to ensure that the needed parts and materials are on site for each job. The Philadelphia Production Supervisor should suggest changes to inefficiencies and other areas where time or costs could be saved. The Production Supervisor will lead in continuous improvement and other lean implementation programs.
Philadelphia Production Supervisor Job Opening
- The Philadelphia Production Supervisor develops and circulates schedules, assignments, and production sequences in accordance with company production, financial, and quality goals.
- Give employees direction and coaching as necessary.
- Provide discipline and corrective action to employees as necessary.
- The Philadelphia Production Supervisor participates in root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Lead in Kaizen and other continuous improvement activities.
- Target and eliminate inefficient processes.
- Prepare calculations on the labor and equipment needed to complete jobs on schedule and within budget.
- The Philadelphia Production supervisor provides input on facility productivity standards.
- Perform reviews on operations data to identify areas where improvements can be made.
- Interface with management and workers to resolve problems, grievances, and other complaints.
- Interpret prints, work orders, and other documents to establish production requirements.
- Develop initiatives to boost employee motivation and productivity.
- Ensures that all company and external rules and regulations are followed.
- The Philadelphia Production Supervisor will look areas where cross training would be beneficial.
- Plans and leads training activities.
Production Supervisor (Philadelphia Area) Job Requirements:
- At least five years of supervisory job experience in a Manufacturing facility.
- Possession of an associate’s degree in a discipline related to manufacturing or business would be preferred for this job.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven history of driving improvements.
- Experience as a project manager would be beneficial for this job.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, certification would be preferred.
- Good computer skills, familiar with Microsoft office.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.