Director of Engineering Summary
Director of Engineering Job Opening in Cleveland, Ohio. An industry leading manufacturer of transportation products is currently seeking to fill a Director of Engineering job in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Our manufacturing recruiters are seeking skilled engineering leaders for this Director of Engineering job in the Greater Cleveland, Ohio area. This is a great job opportunity for an engineer looking to take a step in their career. This Cleveland, Ohio job offers competitive compensation and great job benefits.
Cleveland Director of Engineering Overview:
The Director of Engineering will work out of the company’s greater Cleveland, Ohio headquarters. The main responsibility of this job is to develop new products and lead the engineering department. The Director of Engineering will direct engineering staff and report directly to the company president.
Cleveland Director of Engineering Job Opening
- Manage the Engineering department’s day to day functions.
- The Director of Engineering also oversee’s the Customer Service and Warranty department.
- Coordinate the work of the engineering department efficiently to complete department objectives.
- Lead and oversee the design of new products based on company goals and customer needs.
- The Director of Engineering leads the hiring, training, and evaluations of the engineering staff.
- Maintain documentation of the engineering activities.
- The Director of Engineering shall collaborate with the Vice President of Manufacturing, Plant Manager, and Research and Development to establish goals. Create plans to reach cost and quality goals.
- Provide advisement to the president for designing and product offerings that could improve costs, quality, and market share.
- The Director of Engineering shall ensure that the engineering team has the tools and equipment necessary.
- Mentor engineers, provide advice and training.
- Evaluate product designs, work to improve designs for cost and quality concerns.
- Participate in company planning meetings, advise on strategy.
- The Director of Engineering shall provide metrics for strategic implementations.
Director of Engineering (Cleveland Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required for this Cleveland, Ohio job.
- A minimum of eight years of experience managing an engineering department.
- Possession of a professional engineer license is preferred for this job.
- Experience working with complex projects and engineered to order manufacturing.
- Adept with computers and programs, particularly, Autocad and 3d Modeling software in addition to Macola ERP, MS Access, etc.
- Understanding of how a manufacturing company’s departments interact.
- Prove project leader.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal.
Job postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.