Plant Manager Summary
Plant Manager Job Opening in Dayton, Ohio. A world-renowned and multimillion dollar machining company is currently seeking a Plant Manager in the greater Dayton, Ohio area who can head up its manufacturing operations and drive continuous improvement through all facets of the plant. The Plant Manager will be a very important job for this organization. For the Plant Manager who can best demonstrate leadership, machining knowledge and experience, and creativity at the Dayton, Ohio plant, the company is offering up a generous salary, great job benefits, and the chance to work for a company with a great reputation. Only Plant Managers looking for a challenge should apply to this Dayton, Ohio job!
Dayton Plant Manager Overview:
The Dayton Plant Manager is going to be responsible for managing all of the departments of the company’s manufacturing site. This includes overseeing purchasing, operations, production, materials, tooling, and machining functions. The Plant Manager will be a leader and motivator of people, working to drive continuous improvement and optimize productivity for all employees. The Plant Manager must work to avoid shutdowns at the Dayton, Ohio site and delays in production and come up with different metrics of plant performance. He or she will be reporting to the President.
Dayton Plant Manager Job Opening
- The Plant Manager must lead the Dayton plant to perform and produce effectively.
- This role must motivate workers to do better in order to increase the operational efficiency of the plant.
- The position must monitor supervisors and managers in order to enforce operational goals and objectives.
- The Plant Manager will be a point of contact between the various departments and will need to bring them together in order to holistically improve the Dayton, Ohio plant.
- The role will head up production and make sure that the plant operates on schedule.
- The position will need to make sure that manufacturing operations are working well enough to ensure the proper production and delivery of products.
- The Plant Manager will need to come up with long and short-term plans on how to improve the Dayton, Ohio plant.
- The role will need to assist supervisors in production scheduling.
- The position will need to keep costs in mind when making decision.
Plant Manager (Dayton Area) Job Requirements:
- A 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in business, operations management, or a related field are strongly preferred for this job.
- A dearth of job experience in machining or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience of continuous improvement and leadership.
- At least 8 years of experience in operations and production planning.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.