Logistics Manager Summary
Logistics Manager Job Opening in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A company that specializes in the manufacturing of automotive components is currently seeking a Logistics Manager in the greater Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area to help the operations and logistics jobs for its distribution center. The Logistics Manager will be a very important position for the organization, as the company is expanding its Philadelphia site at a rapid rate. For the Logistics Manager who can best show a sense of leadership while speeding up shipping and receiving functions, the company is offering a solid compensation and a chance for job growth. This is a great job for Logistics Managers in Philadelphia who are looking to take the next step in their careers.
Philadelphia Logistics Manager Overview:
The Logistics Manager will be an important part of the Fulfillment and Production Departments in Philadelphia and will be mainly tasked with the job of providing strategic leadership to receiving, quality control, and production operations within the distribution center. The Logistics Manager will need to delegate and direct different warehouse jobs, including strategizing ways to meet metrics and continuously improve how the distribution center ships and receives materials. He or she will also need to spearhead the development of the company’s inbound processes at the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania location. The Logistics Manager will be reporting directly to the Director of Fulfillment and Production in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Logistics Manager Job Opening
- The Logistics Manager must lead, organize, and motivate warehouse and production workers in order to optimize production and operational efficiency.
- For this job, the role will need to meet shipping and receiving metrics in order to upkeep production in Philadelphia.
- The position is additionally in charge of the continuous improvement operations within the Philadelphia distribution center.
- The Logistics Manager must keep budgets in mind as he or she will strive to find ways to cut costs and operate in the most financially efficient way.
- For this job, the the role will need to work with the Director of Fulfillment and Production whenever issues in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania warehouse arise.
- The position will delegate, organize, plan, and evaluate different tasks within the warehouse.
- The Logistics Manager is going to be assisting in the onboarding, training, and firing processes of warehouse workers within the distribution center.
- The role does not require any travel and will conduct special projects as tasked by the Director of Fulfillment and Production.
Logistics Manager (Philadelphia Area) Job Requirements:
- 4-8 years of experience in distribution, logistics, and warehousing.
- Strong managerial and leadership capabilities.
- Desire to continuously improve.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred for this position.
Job Postings expire in 30 days but feel free to upload your resume at any time as many of our job openings are not public.